For someone who does have knowledge of Tibet nor Buddhism can you introduce yourself and tell me a bit about your position?





Q:For someone who does have knowledge of Tibet nor Buddhism can you introduce yourself and tell me a bit about your position?


HHK: I was born in Eastern Tibet in 1985. I was recognized at the 17th reincarnation of the Karmapa when I was seven years old. Then I received a traditional Tibetan Buddhist education. When I was seventeen I escaped fromTibet and arrived in India in 2000. This has become the biggest journey of my life. And then after arriving in India I enriched my traditional education. At the same time I studied different languages. I also studied various modern subjects.

Generally, the Karmapa is one of the important religious leaders within Tibetan Buddhism. In particular, the custom of recognizing incarnate lamas started with the Karmapa. Up until now there have been seventeen incarnations. I think most likely in the year 2010 it will be over 900 years. It is a long history. Mainly, the name Karmapa, in Indian Sanskrit, there is a relationship to ancient Indian Sanskrit. The name means” the doer“, “ the performer.“ Why is this? We believe that the Karmapa has embodied all the Buddhas’ loving kindness and compassion and likewise their power or abilities. He embodies their abilities and has the power to do all their works. Because he is doing their works he is known as the Karmapa.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'It's difficult to make balance': Dalai Lama successor navigates modern world - CBC Radio

The Karmapa Visits the World of Nepal in England

Tibetan Buddhist leader the Karmapa discusses climate change and Tibet Third Pole during first visit to UK - International Campaign For Tibet

His Holiness the 17th Karmapa’s First Visit to the United Kingdom - Contact News

Press Release - Major Tibetan Buddhist Leader, The Karmapa in Canada for First Official Visit

The Gyalwang Karmapa Visits a Hindu Heartland in London

Greed biggest issue of the environment, Tibet’s Karmapa Lama says - Toronto Star

Times of Joy and Sorrow: His Holiness Reflects on His First Visit to the UK

Teaching Schedule of His Holiness Karmapa in Canada 2017

Return to the His Holiness the Gyalwang Karmapa’s Canadian Seat