A Prayer to The Seventeenth Karmapa Orgyen Trinley Dorje



In the secret place of great joy,
Orgyen Trinley Dorje, you are the Sixth Buddha Dorje Chang.
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the East, in the middle of Zahor Kingdom,
Orgyen Trinley, you are Mahasiddha Tilopa.
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the North, in the monastery of ravishing flowers,
Orgyen Trinley, you are Mahapandita Naropa.
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the South, in Drowo Lung, the valley of herbs,
Orgyen Trinley, you are Marpa Lotsawa.
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the solitude of snowy range of Lachi,
Orgyen Trinley, you are Jetsun Shepa. (1)
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the East, at the mount Gampodar,
Orgyen Trinley, you are Dzamling Drakpa. (2)
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the heart chakra of celestial realm Khacho, (3)
Orgyen Trinley, you are Mahasiddha Use. (4)
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the East, in the pure realm of Pungri, (5)
Orgyen Trinley, you are Mahasiddha Karma Pakshi. (6)
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the mandala of three chakras, (7)
Orgyen Trinley, you are Rikpai Dorje. (8)
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the bhage of the Vajra Queen, (9)
Orgyen Trinley, you are conqueror Drawa Dom. (10)
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the palace of the power of great bliss,
Orgyen Trinley, you are Gyalwa Gyamtso.
I pray to you with longing devotion.
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahod in a single life.

In the West, in the castle of Orgyen,
Orgyen Trinley, you are supreme mother Varahi. (11)
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

In the charnel ground of boiling ocean of blood,
Orgyen Trinley, you are Dorje Bernagchen.
I pray to you with longing devotion,
Bless me, that I accomplish Buddhahood in a single life.

May the supreme essence of the teachings of Sutra and Tantra,
For as long as space remains,
Unceasingly increase,
Like the victory banner of Buddhist teachings.

From this life on in all future rebirths,
Always following Karmapa,
The activity of all the victorious ones of the three times,
May I perform the pleasing supreme conduct of Bodhisattva.


 -------------------------------------------------------
This prayer, extracted from Ch'os Spyod, was recomposed by His Holiness 17th Karmapa Orgyen Trinley Dorje on request of Venerable Drubpon Dechen Rinpoche. Translated at Tsurphu Monastery by Karma Rinchen in April 1994.


1) Milarepa.
2) Gampopa.
3) It refers to Tsurphu Monastery.
4) The 1st Karmapa Dusum Khyenpa.
5) Karma Gon Monastery.
6) The 2nd Karmapa.
7) The outer meaning: the 3 main monasteries of Karmapa
{Tolung Tsurphu, Karma Gon, Kampo Nenang.}
The inner meaning: body, speech & mind.
The other meaning: the 3 wheels of deities in the Demchog
Mandala.
8) The 16th Karmapa.
9) It refers to the emptiness, represented by Dorje Naljorma.
10) Khorlo Demchog.
11) Dorje Phagmo.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History in the Making: The First Step Toward Full Ordination for Tibetan Buddhist Nuns

The Historic Revival of Full Ordination for Tibetan Buddhist Nuns

Sikkim Monks dharna outside BJP office with Karmapa demand - Sikkim Express

Disaster Preparedness Training in Nepal

Ordained Nuns and Their History: The Karmapa Reports

Third Cohort of Nuns Trains to be Health Workers

“What I Give Away is Mine”: the Gyalwang Karmapa’s Advice as the 34th Kagyu Monlam Ends

The Year of the Female Fire Bird Takes Flight

Historic Red Crown Ceremony in Bodhgaya